Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review: Thirsties Fab Fitted and Cover




Bottom line: Eh.



I like the concept of fitteds. They are designed to fit like a disposable with elastic at the legs and velcro at the waist but are not water proof so they're easier to wash clean than an all-in-one. However, this means that the diaper replacement process is two step: fitted diaper, then water proof cover.




On the other hand, this also gives the option of allowing the kid to go coverless. Apparently, some people do it to reduce heat rash during the summer. Others who are practicing elimination communication do it to help be able to quickly identify when their child has peed but still have the absorbency of a diaper. As an ECing mom myself, this is attractive.



The only fitted diaper I have tried is Thirsties Fab Fitted and I wasn't a big fan. They were too bulky to fit under most of my daughter's clothes and I didn't like the Thirsties cover that I had to go with it. The fit was wrong. My daughter could also whip off the cover and diaper in 2 seconds, but I don't think that was the fault of the diaper. I think I might like a different fitted diaper with a different cover though.



Fitted and cover: B

No comments:

Post a Comment